Friday, November 13, 2009

Friday 5

Thanks to my friend Debbie, she said that I should do a Friday 5. Five reasons to be happy. Being happy has been so hard these past 6 months. True happiness for me, would be for Moira to be here. I know that can't happen, so I have to come up with 5 things that make me happy.
I think I can do that!

1. My amazing husband!

2. Beautiful rainbows.

3. My wonderful friends.

4. Amazing loss mamas out there who have helped me through my darkest days. Everyone has been wonderful. I love talking with Debbie, she just knows the right things to say and I can look at her and know, she knows what I am going through! Thank you all, you know who you are, for being there for me!

5. My daughter. It makes me sad to think of her, but I am also so happy to have known her and to have carried her for 40 weeks, and bonded with her, loved her, cared for her, and met her if even for a short time.

So, beyond all of the sadness in my life, I know that I have many, many reasons to be happy. My family has been wonderful as well, so I guess I can add in a 6th one,

6. My family:)

5 comments:

Franchesca said...

Your daughter is beautiful. This post is inspiring, because yes, it is hard to be thankful. But I too am thankful for having that short time getting to know my Jenna.

xx

Malory said...

This is a great idea!

Debbie said...

xxxx <3

Laura said...

Hi Alison. Thinking of you today. Sometimes it is all we can do to pause and remember that we still have things to be thankful for. There will be bright days ahead, filled with shiny rainbows.

The Blue Sparrow said...

Hoping that your Thanksgiving was somewhat happy and peaceful! Thinking of you! *HUGS*