Saturday, November 28, 2009

Special Announcement!

Well, my husband Dave and I are so happy to announce that we are expecting our Rainbow Baby! We are both so excited and still can't believe it! I will be 10 weeks on Monday and I am due June 28, 2010. I will be watched very closely, including weekly ultrasounds starting at 28 weeks and then starting at 32 weeks I'll start going in twice a week. We are hoping for a c-section at 37 weeks, but still have to talk to the high risk OB about that. We already know that I will NOT go past 38 weeks.
I am scared, nervous, excited, happy all rolled into one. My blood pressure has been great, so I am not too worried about that! I had my first OB appointment on Wednesday and everything was great! We were there for an hour and a half with the nurse and then with my OB. The nurse is my favorite nurse practitioner and she even gave us a peek at the little peanut! Since it was too early to hear the heartbeat on the doppler, she rolled in their portable ultrasound machine. It was so great!!
So, here I am pregnant after a full-term loss and scared out of my mind, as well as so incredibly excited.

Below is my ultrasound from
7 weeks 2 days!

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Congratulation! That is absolutely wonderful. My thoughts will be with you as you go through this trying time of excitement and worry. *hugs*

-T said...

I'm so happy for you both and I'm so thankful to be a part of the 'before & after' with you. :)

Raising Twin Girls said...

Oh Alison, your little rainbow bean is so cute!!! I am beyond excited for you and Dave and I'm so glad you have a plan in place and I hope that helps to ease your fears. I will be thinking of you over the next 7 months.

Mackenzie's Mommy said...

Soooo excited for you!!! Send some fertile vibes to me, too! ;)
((hugs))
Ashley

Holly said...

Congratulations!! So happy for you!! Since you're done with that baby dust, can you send some to me? :)

Rikki said...

What great news congratulations, i am so happy for you.

Steve and Cat Walker said...

Congrats again!! Your baby is the shape of an angel!! I am so happy for you guys- you deserve this more than anyone I know!! I'll keep you in my prayers!!

Love you!!

Once A Mother said...

That is wonderful news. Sending you prayers and lots of congratulations.

Andrea said...

A Rainbow Baby...oh how I love the sound of those 3 little words that always soothe my heart. I'm new to your blog, but know that your story radiates HOPE.

Hugs and well wishes always :)

Lisette said...

Congratulations on your little rainbow! Wishing you a wonderful and healthy pregnancy.

Lisette said...

I know it is really early on but when the time is right you should buy your rainbow baby this book called "Someone Came Before You" you can purchase it on www.griefwatch.com there is a link on my blog.