Wednesday, January 28, 2009

my little scare.....

So, on Sunday I slipped on one step coming downstairs and landed on my but. Nothing big, I was fine. Yesterday during the day at work I wasn't feeling Moira as much as I have been the last few weeks. She hasn't been terribly active to begin with, but she has certain times of the day that I feel her the most. Yesterday I couldn't remember feeling her at those times. I sat at my desk for a little while relaxing and rubbing my belly trying to get her to respond because that sometimes works! She wasn't. Then I started worrying a little and thinking about me falling on the step. I had felt her on Monday night though, so I wasn't really worried. I also know it's still pretty early to be feeling her kick regularly anyway, but still wasn't sure.
We had a 1/2 day professional day yesterday and it was getting to be the time when the kids were leaving. The teacher I work with told me to just go ahead and call my doctor because it wouldn't hurt anything to be comforted. I called the doctor's office and the nurse worried me more by saying "You wouldn't be calling, if you weren't worried." So, they had me come in. My husband works at the high school across the street from me, so I called him and he ended up coming with me.
When we first got to the office and sat down, I thought I felt her kick and felt a little better. They did an NST on me and as soon as the nurse hooked me up to the machine and I heard Moira's heartbeat, I felt so much better. Then I started to feel her kick once I was relaxed, then I felt even better. Everything was fine, and then I felt sort of silly. My husband said to me "would you feel silly if something was wrong?" Of course I said no. The nurse even told me it was still early to really feel her tons, but it still isn't something to fool around with.
Anyway, that was my day. I didn't go back to work, I just went home after dropping my husband back at work. I only had about 45 minutes left anyway. I came home, sat on the couch, and relaxed. Once I was sitting here, I felt her moving around more. Today she seems to be making up for yesterday and I am feeling her more and more. We have a snow day today, so it's nice to just sit and do nothing!!

No comments: