Sunday, January 18, 2009

Our little girl's name

For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to use our family name of Bratton for a middle name for one of our baby's. It is my great grandmother's name and I have always loved it for some reason. Now that I am really pregnant and it's a girl, I started looking at other names and I have found some that I really like as well and go better with Moira. I love the name Moira more and more everyday. At first I wasn't sure, but now I absolutely love it. So I went looking for Gaelic girls names to go with Moira just for fun one day and I found the name Rowan. I love it!!! It's so pretty and it fits really nicely with Moira. I am back and forth about what to use now, but I am really leaning towards Rowan for her middle name.
I am also the biggest dork because of my husband the Lord of the Rings lover he is. I love two names from that story/movie Arwen and Eowyn. They are just so pretty and I am a dork I know, but I love them!!:) I think we will probably stick with Rowan though.
Here is the meaning of it

The girl's name Rowan \ro-wan\, also used as boy's name Rowan, is pronounced ROH-an. It is of Gaelic origin, and its meaning is "red-berrytree".

Rowan has 3 variant forms: Roanna, Roanne and Rowen.

Baby names that sound like Rowan are Rhyan, Roana, Rona, Ronay, Ronae, Rowena, Rowina, Ryan and Rian.

Rowan is a very rare female first name and a very popular surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census). Displayed below is the baby name popularity trend for the girl's name Rowan. Compare Rowan with related baby names.


The meaning of Moira

The girl's name Moira \mo(i)-ra\ is pronounced MOY-rah. It is of English origin. Variant of Maire (Irish, Gaelic), from Mary (Latin) "star of the sea". See also Mayra and Myra.

Moira has 2 variant forms: Moire and Moyra.

For more information, see also related names Moya, Maura and Maureen.

Baby names that sound like Moira are Mira, Maira, Mora and Meira.

Moira is a popular female first name and a very rare surname (source: 1990 U.S. Census). Displayed below is the baby name popularity trend for the girl's name Moira. Compare Moira with related baby names.


Ahhhh......decisions!!!

No comments: