Sunday, January 11, 2009


Just been busy lately and tired and whatever.
Last week was just weird because it was our first week back to work after vacation. I was all set and ready to get back into our routine and bam.....Monday morning, 2 hour delay because of ice, Wednesday no school because of snow and ice, and Thursday 2 hour delay because we ended up getting more snow overnight that made it hard to clean up. UGH! Wednesday I had a dentist appointment and Friday I had an OB appointment. It went well. My blood pressure wasn't great, but it was lower than last time. Moira is growing nicely and her heartbeat was 140 BPM. When the tech. put the doppler on my belly on one side she kicked it and then she moved it to the other side, she kicked it again! It was funny. I don't ever get tired of hearing her heartbeat and seeing her. I am really hoping they give me another ultrasound. I forgot to ask my OB. She is so cool and laid back. I went to the hospital a little early so I could sit and relax and read a book to hopefully have my blood pressure be lower and like I said, it worked a little. So I got there at 2:45 and my appointment was at 3:45, my OB was backed up a little. Her student saw me around 4:15 ish and then my OB didn't make it in to see me until almost 4:45pm. UGH! Oh well, I wasn't in a hurry and I really didn't care. The worst part was my ride home and it took me over an hour to get home because of traffic on a Friday. I got home and I was soooo crabby. I didn't want to talk to anyone or make any decisions. We ate pizza and just relaxed.
Saturday I did a BIG shopping trip and had to go to the butcher to get meat too. We have a cool butcher sort of near us that has good prices on meat. I had to get meat for us and steak for Dave to make chili for a chili cookoff he was in today. When I got home we hung out and then went over to our neighbors house for a few hours. Today we got up, Dave used the snowblower since we got snow and also made chili. We left for his chili cookoff. He came in 3rd place and got $25. It was fun.
I made a yummy dinner with help from Dave. I breaded some chicken which Dave cut into small slices, with flour, pepper, and garlic powder. Then I fried it up, made some pasta with some brocoli. Then Dave helped me make a sauce with chicken broth, white wine, and some butter in the pan where the chicken was cooked. Once the sauce was ready we mixed the pasta, brocoli, and chicken all together with some parm. cheese. Yummy!!! It was so good and there is enough leftover that I can take some for lunch tomorrow.
Now I need to finish laundry or try because it's getting late and then we have to get the trash out for tomorrow. Fun!!
Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!!

No comments: